MCESD yesterday led a meeting for social partners, along with Minister Carmelo Abela and Minister Silvio Schembri, on the 900-million-euro financial package.
The regeneration plan was initially announced by PM Robert Abela.
The aim of this package is to decrease the costs of businesses, to give a boost to domestic demand, and to give direct support to industry while incentivising work.
The measures are tied to the:
- Covid Wage Supplement
- Water and electricity bills revision
- Decrease of seven cents in the price of petrol and diesel
- Decrease in tax rate on property purchases
- Decrease in tax for those who are developing a property or contracts that take place after June 1, 2020 till March 31, 2021
- €50 million for rental expenses up to a maximum of €2,500 for each business
- Voucher of €100 for every person aged 16 and over to be utilised in all types of accommodation as long as the type of accommodation chosen is operating with a licence, restaurants or a business that had closed.
For more information on other Government measures please visit https://www.tvm.com.mt/en/local/